Redstone is actively involved in the community. Redstone encourages employees to get involved in the local community (even during company time), and many are serving on Boards, organizing charity events, mentoring, and more. Redstone’s commitment to the community and foresight to build relationships across all sectors has become a part of our company’s mission and philosophy.
Redstone is a major donor to Champlain College's Power of Three: Giving Students Room to Grow campaign. The three new buildings will house innovative technologies and provide new facilities to enhance academic excellence well into the future.
ECHO Leahy Center for Lake Champlain
Redstone supports ECHO, a lake aquarium and science center whose mission is to educate and delight people about the ecology, culture, history, and opportunities for stewardship of the Lake Champlain Basin. Redstone has been a sponsor of various travelling exhibits including "Turtle Travels" and is proudly sponsoring the newest permanent exhibit "Frog World”.
King Street Youth Center
Redstone has participated as a lead sponsor of the Annual King Street Youth Center Invitational Charity Golf Tournament for many years. Linda I. Letourneau is past member of the Board of Directors and had repeatedly served as the Chair of the Organizing Committee for this very successful golf event. The organization's mission is to promote personal and social wellness through educational, recreational and social programs.
Larry Williams serves as the Vice President of the Board of Directors of Mobius, a Chittenden County organization formed for the purpose of creating a culture of mentoring. Its mission is to increase the number of high-quality, adult-to-youth mentoring relationships.
United Way of Chittenden County
For many years, Redstone employees have participated in the annual Fall campaign of the United Way of Chittenden County and Redstone has matched each employee's contribution to the non-profit organization of their choice as well as making a corporate gift. Redstone has been presented with numerous awards from the United Way for its participation in the campaign. Redstone received the Presidents Awards in 2010, 2011 & 2012. Larry was a past Campaign Chairperson.
University of Vermont
Larry Williams is a alumni of the University of Vermont (UVM), as are a number of other Redstone employees. They are all very active in supporting the activities of the school - GO CATS!. Larry and staff are currently a member of the UVM Alumni Association and stay conencted with the action at UVM.
Vermont Children's Aid Society
Redstone proudly supports the Vermont Children's Aid Society as a sponsor of several annual events. During the holiday season Redstone purchases and wraps Christmas gifts for children of all ages, which the Vermont Children's Aid society delivers to families located around the Chittenden County area.
COTS and the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf
For the past two Holiday seasons, Redstone has made a donation to both the Committee on Temporary Shelter and the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf. Larry feel strongly about donating to these organizations who support the community with basic needs, especially during the Holidays.
Sponsorships & Donations:
- Addison County Chamber of Commerce
- Addison County Parent Child Center
- Alzheimer’s of Vermont
- American Cancer Society
- Audubon Society of Vermont
- Boys & Girls Club of Burlington
- Burlington Business Association
- Camp Ta-Kum-Ta
- Catamount Trail Association
- Christ The King School
- Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf
- Essex Alliance Church
- Everybody Wins!
- Flynn Center for Performing Arts
- Firehouse Gallery - Burlington City Arts
- Greater Burlington Industrial Corporation
- Greater Burlington YMCA
- Green Mountain Club
- Green Up Vermont
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hôpital Albert Schweitzer (HAS)
- Humane Society of Chittenden County
- The Intervale
- Jeff Stone Memorial Tennis Tournament
- Kelly Brush Foundation
- Lake Champlain Land Trust
- Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Lake Champlain Waldorf School
- Local Motion
- Lund Family Center
- Lyric Theatre Company
- March of Dimes
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Ohavi Zedek Synagogue
- Preservation Trust of Vermont
- Sara Holbrook Community Center
- Shelburne Art Center
- Smart Growth Vermont
- South Burlington Youth Baseball & Softball
- South End Arts & Business Association and The Art Hop
- Special Olympics Vermont
- Stern Center For Language & Learning
- The Barre Players
- The Howard Center for Human Services
- Vermont Amateur Soccer League
- Vermont Association of Mental Health
- Vermont Chamber of Commerce
- Vermont Children's Forum
- Vermont Children's Hospital
- Vermont Children's Trust Foundation
- Vermont Dismas House
- Vermont Land Trust
- Vermont Public Radio
- Vermont Stage Company
- Vermont Woodlands Association
- Vermont Youth Conservation
- Visiting Nurse Association of Chittenden & Grand Isle Counties
- Women's Rape Crisis Center